Director of the Preschool
Preschool Board of Directors
Assistant Teacher and Support Staff
40 Hours Per Week (On-Site)
$16 – $19 Per Hour
Little Neighbors Preschool is currently under construction on the grounds of The Neighborhood Church (TNC) in Bentonville, Arkansas. We are seeking to hire experienced, energetic, and qualified leaders to launch this brand-new early childhood education center. The center will consist of 7 classrooms for infants up to PreK, totaling 111 children at full capacity. The center, Little Neighbors, will open in the fall of 2023 (projected completion 9/1/2023).
In addition to the launch, the lead teacher will ensure that Little Neighbors provides high-quality care and education, maintains state quality accreditation, and ensures that the Center complies with all state, federal guidelines, and aligns to The Neighborhood Church statement of beliefs, policies, procedures, mission, and vision.
Education requirements are one of the following:
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development Associate (CDA) and 100+ hours
- Minimum of 3-4 years of teaching experience in a child care program
- Demonstrated ability or requisite personal qualities to work well with children and adults
What you will do…
The Lead Teacher will:
- Develop weekly plans and implement age appropriate curriculum to nurture and stimulate all domains of children’s development in their care.
- Perform developmental evaluations as required by the program.
- On a continual basis, plan, evaluate and improve the physical environment in the classroom to create opportunities to meet the changing needs of the developing child.
- Prepare developmental progress reports as needed and communicate progress with parents.
- Maintain a portfolio of each child within the classroom assigned.
- Facilitate and lead parent teacher conferences twice a year.
- Demonstrate cultural competency and respect for the child’s background by incorporating the cultural, linguistic, spiritual, and familial values into the childcare program and lesson plans.
- Complete child transition and orientation of the classroom with parents and maintain ongoing, open communication with parents/caregivers.
- Effectively communicate each child’s daily report through Brightwheel.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of each child within the classroom.
- Assist families with children’s transitions from home to preschool and preschool to kindergarten.
- Assure a healthy, safe, clean and developmentally appropriate environment for children; abide by all state and local regulations, and school policies.
- Assist with the supervision, training and guidance of substitutes, aides and volunteers for the classroom setting.
- Participate in 20+ hours annually of professional development
- In accordance with our “team” philosophy, the person filling this position may occasionally be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties listed on this job description
We are excited to talk to you if…
Many people have incredible qualities and experience, we feel this list below helps to identify the traits, skills, and abilities that are valued and specifically apply to the Lead Teacher Role.
- You are capable of working under pressure with a high level of initiative and integrity.
- You have a passion for working with children with varying needs and levels.
- You possess well-refined communication skills.
- You are capable of maintaining confidentiality of all information provided about students and staff.
- You have organizational skills to maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are a strategic thinker, and love a clear process of implementation.
- You have high expectations of self and team with a high sense of urgency.
- You are able to understand and manage personal emotions, as well as recognize, listen to, and respond to other people’s emotions and perspectives.
- You have related Early Childhood Education Experience from the State of Arkansas or more specifically, Northwest Arkansas.
What we offer…
As a Lead Teacher of Little Neighbors Preschool, you will be supported in the following ways;
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 50% tuition discount for one child
- 401(k) Plan
- Ongoing professional development
#1 Priority of Health and Safety
As a Lead Teacher, you are responsible for the safety of all children at Little Neighbors Preschool.
- Trained in First Aid /CPR in order to perform critical life-saving measures if needed.
- Child Maltreatment Training to maintain the safety of all children.
- Knowledge of and ability to direct and follow emergency plans.
- Understanding of and adhering to all child supervision policies and procedures.
- Abiding by all health and safety standards in accordance with AR DHS.
Other Related Duties as Assigned
This “one line” helps to navigate a dynamic and fast-paced early childhood education center environment that needs to be able to shift, change, learn, and teach when needed for continuous improvement.
Lead Teacher Application
Little Neighbors Preschool is an equal-opportunity program. Little Neighbors Preschool believes that all persons are entitled to equal opportunity to education and quality care and does not discriminate against its families or children because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, handicap, visual or hearing impairment.