Preschool Board of Directors
$12 – $13 Per Hour
Little Neighbors Preschool is currently under construction on the grounds of The Neighborhood Church (TNC) in Bentonville, Arkansas. We are seeking to hire experienced, energetic, and qualified leaders to launch this brand-new early childhood education center. The center will consist of 7 classrooms for infants up to PreK, totaling 111 children at full capacity. The center, Little Neighbors, will open in the fall of 2023 (projected completion 9/1/2023).
In addition to the launch, the floating teacher will ensure that Little Neighbors provides high-quality care and education, maintains state quality accreditation, and ensures that the Center complies with all state, federal guidelines, and aligns to The Neighborhood Church statement of beliefs, policies, procedures, mission, and vision.
Education requirements are one of the following:
- High School Diploma or GED certificate
- Minimum of 6 months of teaching experience in a preschool setting or child care program
- Demonstrated ability to work well with children and adults
What you will do…
The Floating Teacher will:
- Assist in classrooms for drop-off and pick-up.
- Assist Teachers with the supervision of their students when needed.
- Assist with bathroom trips and bathroom accidents.
- Provide classroom coverage for staff bathroom breaks to maintain required ratio.
- Assist or substitute in the classroom or office as needed.
- Work with children one-on-one or small groups in the sensory room or large motor play area.
- Assist on the playground as needed.
- Attend to sick children until the parent arrives.
- Set up and break down fellowship hall for in-house field trips and inclement weather.
- Tasks of common areas (bathrooms, kitchenette, hallway).
- Supervise and ensure the safety and well-being of the children at all times.
- Demonstrate cultural competency and respect for the child’s background by incorporating the cultural, linguistic, spiritual, and familial values into the childcare program and lesson plans.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of each child within the classroom.
- Assure a healthy, safe, clean and developmentally appropriate environment for children; abide by all state and local regulations, and school policies.
- Participate in 20+ hours annually of professional development.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- In accordance with our “team” philosophy, the person filling this position may occasionally be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties listed on this job description
We are excited to talk to you if…
Many people have incredible qualities and experience, we feel this list below helps to identify the traits, skills, and abilities that are valued and specifically apply to the Floating Teacher role.
- You are capable of working under pressure with a high level of initiative and integrity.
- You have a passion for working with children with varying needs and levels.
- You possess well-refined communication skills.
- You are capable of maintaining confidentiality of all information provided about students and staff.
- You have organizational skills to maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are a strategic thinker, and love a clear process of implementation.
- You have high expectations of self and team with a high sense of urgency.
- You are able to understand and manage personal emotions, as well as recognize, listen to, and respond to other people’s emotions and perspectives.
- You have related Early Childhood Education Experience from the State of Arkansas or more specifically, Northwest Arkansas.
What we offer…
As a Floating Teacher of Little Neighbors Preschool, you will be supported in the following ways:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Ongoing professional development
#1 Priority of Health and Safety
As a Floating Teacher you are responsible for the safety of all children at Little Neighbors Preschool.
- Trained in First Aid /CPR in order to perform critical life-saving measures if needed.
- Child Maltreatment Training to maintain the safety of all children.
- Knowledge of and ability to direct and follow emergency plans.
- Understanding of and adhering to all child supervision policies and procedures.
- Abiding by all health and safety standards in accordance with AR DHS.
Other Related Duties as Assigned
This “one line” helps to navigate a dynamic and fast-paced early childhood education center environment that needs to be able to shift, change, learn, and teach when needed for continuous improvement.
Floating Teacher Application
Little Neighbors Preschool is an equal-opportunity program. Little Neighbors Preschool believes that all persons are entitled to equal opportunity to education and quality care and does not discriminate against its families or children because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, handicap, visual or hearing impairment.