Director of the Preschool
Preschool Board of Directors
Support Staff and Volunteers
40 Hours Per Week
$13 – $15 Per Hour
Little Neighbors Preschool is currently under construction on the grounds of The Neighborhood Church (TNC) in Bentonville, Arkansas. We are seeking to hire energetic, and qualified leaders to help support the brand-new early childhood education center. The center will consist of 7 classrooms for infants up to PreK, totaling 111 children at full capacity. The center, Little Neighbors, will open in the fall of 2023 (projected completion 9/1/2023).
In addition to the launch, the Assistant Teacher supports the Lead Teacher and the Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. They must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the Assistant Teacher observes and documents children’s interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. They are also responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs under the direction of the Lead Teacher and the Director.
Education requirements are one of the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Enrolled in CDA or AA in Early Childhood Education a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in child care program
- Demonstrated ability to work well with children and adults
What you will do…
The Assistant Teacher will:
- Help develop weekly plans and implement age-appropriate curriculum to nurture and stimulate all domains of children’s development in their care.
- Support in completing developmental evaluations as required by the program.
- On a continual basis, plan, evaluate, and improve the physical environment in the classroom to create opportunities to meet the changing needs of the developing child.
- Help Maintain a portfolio of each child within the classroom assigned.
- Participate in parent-teacher conferences twice a year with the lead teacher.
- Demonstrate cultural competency and respect for the child’s background by incorporating the cultural, linguistic, spiritual, and familial values into the childcare program and lesson plans.
- Complete child transition and orientation of the classroom with parents and maintain ongoing, open communication with parents/caregivers.
- Effectively communicate each child’s daily report through Brightwheel.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of each child within the classroom.
- Assist families with children’s transitions from home to preschool and preschool to kindergarten.
- Assure a healthy, safe, clean and developmentally appropriate environment for children; abide by all state and local regulations, and school policies.
- Assist with the supervision, training and guidance of substitutes, floaters and volunteers for the classroom setting.
- Participate in 20+ hours annually of professional development.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- In accordance with our “team” philosophy, the person filling this position may occasionally be required to carry out or assist with other tasks in addition to the duties listed on this job description
We are excited to talk to you if…
Many people have incredible qualities and experience, we feel this list below helps to identify the traits, skills, and abilities that are valued and specifically apply to the Assistant Teacher Role.
- You are capable of working under pressure with a high level of initiative and integrity.
- You have a passion for working with children with varying needs and levels.
- You possess well-refined communication skills.
- You are capable of maintaining confidentiality of all information provided about students and staff.
- You have organizational skills to maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are a strategic thinker, and love a clear process of implementation.
- You have high expectations of self and team with a high sense of urgency.
- You are able to understand and manage personal emotions, as well as recognize, listen to, and respond to other people’s emotions and perspectives.
- You have related Early Childhood Education Experience from the State of Arkansas or more specifically, Northwest Arkansas.
What we offer…
As an Assistant Teacher of Little Neighbors Preschool, you will be supported in the following ways:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 25% tuition discount for one child
- Ongoing professional development
#1 Priority of Health and Safety
As a Lead Teacher, you are responsible for the safety of all children at Little Neighbors Preschool.
- Trained in First Aid /CPR in order to perform critical life-saving measures if needed.
- Child Maltreatment Training to maintain the safety of all children.
- Knowledge of and ability to direct and follow emergency plans.
- Understanding of and adhering to all child supervision policies and procedures.
- Abiding by all health and safety standards in accordance with AR DHS.
Other Related Duties as Assigned
This “one line” helps to navigate a dynamic and fast-paced early childhood education center environment that needs to be able to shift, change, learn, and teach when needed for continuous improvement.
Assistant Teacher Application
Little Neighbors Preschool is an equal-opportunity program. Little Neighbors Preschool believes that all persons are entitled to equal opportunity to education and quality care and does not discriminate against its families or children because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, handicap, visual or hearing impairment.